This No Bake SunButter Energy Balls recipe and the accompanying post are sponsored by SunButter®! All opinions and experiences are my own.
With simple ingredients and entirely nut free, these No Bake SunButter energy balls make an easy snack when you're looking for a quick boost!
When I asked my friends what kind of recipes they'd like to see me create with SunButter, energy bites came up frequently.
Now I'm not one for snacking, but I know most people are looking for quick and easy foods they can grab and eat on the go. So I jumped all in for this idea, and quickly found myself completely ADORING these SunButter energy balls.
They're grain free, paleo, and nut free. Oh, and you need a whopping 6 ingredients for these tasty little suckers. How's that for simple?
How to make ground sunflower seeds
I predicted this might be a hurdle for this recipe. But believe me when I say that making sunflower seed meal/flour is a lot easier than you'd expect. It only adds 5 minutes of prep, including getting your food processor out of your cupboard!
To make ground sunflower seeds, you just have to pour raw hulled sunflower seeds into a food processor and pulse until they break down into a mealy flour texture.
Done. That's it. Really!
About a cup of sunflower seeds will make the right amount of ground sunflower seeds for the recipe. But if you end up with a little extra, no big deal — this recipe is incredibly forgiving. If you're having trouble rolling the energy balls into shape, just mix in a little more SunButter.
No bake energy ball variations
When creating this recipe, it was really important to me to keep these no bake energy balls simple. That's not exactly an easy task when you're also restricted to grain free and nut free (hence the ground sunflower seeds).
Along the way, I couldn't help but dream up variations on this simple base. Feel free to make the base recipe (it's awesome just as it is), or take one of these ideas and run with it!
- mini chocolate chips
- dried cranberries
- dried strawberries (we all know I love that SunButter & Jelly combo!)
- a scoop of your favorite protein powder
- collagen peptides
- maca powder
- pumpkin spice
Save on SunButter
Obviously, an important component of these no bake energy balls is my favorite sunflower seed butter brand, SunButter!
And since I'm working with SunButter, they've given me a special coupon to pass along to you.
More SunButter recipes
- Chocolate Flourless SunButter Mug Cake
- SunButter and Jelly Mug Cakes
- Gluten Free SunButter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chopped Spinach Salad with SunButter Vinaigrette
- Thai Cabbage Salad with SunButter Dressing
- ½ cup SunButter
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds, ground into a flour (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until completely mixed. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Scoop out approximately 1 tablespoon of the SunButter mixture and roll between your hands to form a ball. Place on the parchment paper. Repeat until you’ve used all the SunButter mixture.
- Keep refrigerated in a sealed container.
To make ground sunflower seeds, add raw hulled sunflower seeds to a food processor and pulse until broken down to the consistency of a mealy flour.
Keywords: SunButter Energy Balls