Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes can be made in one skillet and is paleo, Whole30, dairy free, and gluten free!
One skillet meals like these lemon-rosemary chicken thighs always hold a place on my list of favorites. This recipe works well for meal prep, but can also become a showstopper for guests! Serve it with a salad or roasted veggies to fill out the menu with a nourishing side.
One skillet cooking at its finest
Sure, the internet is all abuzz with Instant Pot and sheet pan recipes, but one skillet recipes are the true winners in my heart. Most one skillet recipes are pretty dang quick, and you’ve only got one simple skillet to clean up!
These lemon rosemary chicken thighs with potatoes are a great example of the benefits of one skillet meals. Cooking the chicken thighs first on the cooktop and then in the oven means tender, juicy meat infused with the brightness of lemon and rosemary.
Add in potatoes to soak up those same flavors and the savory juices of the chicken drippings, and you’ve got a kick-butt meal going!
I can whip up this recipe as meal prep for the week, or pull it out of my back pocket for a dinner party. Either way, this one skillet recipe uses inexpensive ingredients without cutting corners on flavor.
Cast iron: a must have for one skillet recipes
One skillet meals are best with a big cast iron skillet! Seriously, I own two cast iron skillets that I use for almost ALL of my cooking.
Inexpensive and durable with proper care, cast iron tops the list as one of my top kitchen essentials.
More easy chicken dinner recipes to try
- Crispy SunButter Chicken
- Lemon Chicken Piccata with Roasted Asparagus
- Baked Garlic Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Quick & Easy Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear what you think! Comment below or tag me on Instagram.Print
Using only one skillet, this Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes recipe works well for meal prep or serving guests! Paleo, gluten free, Whole30.
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 (3.5-oz) jar capers (3 tablespoons), drained
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 lb)
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, capers, sliced lemon, smashed garlic cloves, rosemary leaves, salt, and black pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with additional salt and pepper and add to skillet, skin sides down. Add potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is browned and skin is crispy. Flip the chicken using kitchen tongs. Pour the lemon mixture over the chicken and potatoes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Serve the chicken with potatoes and pan sauce.
Keywords: one skillet, lemon rosemary chicken, chicken thighs, whole30, paleo, gluten free