Don't settle for dry, overcooked shrimp — make the best herbed grilled shrimp for your next summertime meal!
After grilling simply and quickly with just olive oil, salt, and pepper, a garlic and herb sauce makes these shrimp fantastic!
The best way to grill shrimp
Great news — shrimp is EASY and FAST to grill!
Shrimp literally only need a couple minutes over medium-high heat on each side before they're ready to take off the grill.
But, before tossing them on the grill, keep these tips in mind to make sure you're grilling the best shrimp possible.
- Use metal skewers OR use wooden skewers that you've soaked for at least 30 minutes (so they don't catch fire)
- Toss the shrimp with olive oil, salt, and pepper before threading on the skewers
- Use two skewers per row of shrimp (see photos or video) to prevent the shrimp from spinning
- Oil the grill grates before adding the shrimp
And there you have it! With those tips, your shrimp won't stick to the grates or spin around on the skewers.
What to serve with grilled shrimp
Grilling screams summer, so load up on summer veggies when serving this grilled shrimp recipe!
Consider serving with a fresh summer salad or over a bed of cauliflower rice or white rice.
But any fresh assortment of summer vegetables will work well with these grilled shrimp. Tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers are all geat accompaniments!
Kitchen equipment for grilled shrimp
I highly suggest getting some metal skewers for grilling your shrimp! You can use wooden skewers if you'd like, but keep in mind you'll have to soak them for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
Of course, you also need a grill. We currently have a Broil King that works well for us. But since we've been venturing into smoking, we've got our eyes on a Traeger.
Use what you have, though — in fact, you could use a cast iron grill pan if you don't have an outdoor grill!
More grilling recipes for summertime meals
Herbed Grilled Shrimp
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Fire up the grill for the best herbed grilled shrimp recipe this summer! This super simple recipe takes minutes to cook.
- 1 ½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or oregano)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange shrimp on oiled grill rack. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until pink and no longer translucent. Remove shrimp from grill.
- Stir herbs, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and remaining olive oil in a bowl. Either brush the herb mixture on the shrimp skewers or pour over shrimp and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Keywords: grilled shrimp, low carb, keto, paleo, whole30, shrimp, grilling
Leave a Reply