What's one of the most basic recipes to add to your repertoire as you learn to master the grill? Grilled pork chops, hands down.
My version takes a very simple approach; just rub the pork chops with an oil and aromatic herb blend, grill, and top with a shallot and ghee mixture.
Now, I definitely have a long way to go before I can call myself a "grill master", but I'm definitely having a blast with the new grill my man spouse and I bought.
Grilling is so quick and easy. Clean up is way easier than doing a sink full of dishes. And I'm finding that the more I grill, the more I anticipate the experience that comes with it. Hearing the meat sizzling on the grates as the juices and fat drip down. Smoke drifts through the air, carrying with it a whiff of rosemary and pork. Flipping the chops and seeing those lovely, picture-perfect sear marks.
Swoon. I can't get enough of it.
Fortunately, after Fargo had a stint of returning to near-winter weather, the temperatures are steadily rising. At least according to the forecast that could change at any time. Still, as long as the wind dies down, I'll be making pork chops all summer long.Print
Grilled Pork Chops with Shallot Ghee
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: grilled
Simple and easy, these grilled pork chops with shallot ghee butter are perfect for weeknight meals!
- 2 bone-in center-cut pork chops (7 oz each, ½ - ¾ inch thick)
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp ghee or butter
- 2 tsp shallots, minced
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat (about 400 degrees F)
- Sprinkle both sides of pork with salt and pepper. Combine oil, thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Rub oil mixture evenly over both sides of pork.
- Place pork on grill rack and grill for 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove pork from grill and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, shallots, and lemon zest. Spread about 1 teaspoon butter mixture over each pork chop. Let the pork stand an additional 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 pork chop + ½ tablespoon shallot butter
Keywords: Grilled Pork Chops with Shallot Ghee
Leave a Reply