Easy, elegant, and only 5 ingredients, Carrot Ribbons with Rosemary Butter Sauce makes a perfect vegetarian side dish!
This dish is all about the presentation, with thin carrot "noodles" making the base.
By simply steaming the ribbons and tossing in the rosemary butter sauce, you're done!
Simple ingredient for an easy side dish
You'll need only 4 ingredients for this recipe:
- fresh rosemary
- fresh parsley
Plus a little sea salt. That's it!
How to make carrot ribbons with rosemary butter
First thing's first — to make the carrot ribbons, you'll either use a vegetable peeler or a spiralizer to make flat, fettuccini-style noodles.
If using a vegetable peeler, just peel down the length of the carrot. You should get a long ribbon of carrot. (If you screwed this up, I really don't know how I can help you. Sorry!)
Repeat the process until you've got a bunch of carrot ribbons and you can't peel the carrot anymore. I laid the carrot flat on the counter while I peeled it - much safer than holding it.
Then, you'll start some water boiling and place a steamer basket or colander over it.
Put the carrot ribbons in the basket, cover, and steam for about 3 minutes (or a bit longer if you used a spiralizer). I like to toss once halfway through.
After that, it's as simple as tossing in the ghee, fresh rosemary, and fresh parsley. Carrot ribbons served!
Equipment you'll need for this recipe
As mentioned, you'll need either a vegetable peeler or a spiralizer.
Personally, I actually PREFER a vegetable peeler for this recipe. It gets the carrots a bit thinner, which means they steam a little faster and seem just a touch fancier.
(This is the vegetable peeler I've got. I love it. Rust-free, inexpensive, and super sharp).
If you're in the market for a spiralizer, this is the one I have and love!
More side dish recipes to try
- Simple Honey-Roasted Carrots
- Carrot and Sweet Potato Casserole (Whole30)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds
- Simple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Easy Sautéed Mushrooms with Garlic & Thyme
Did you try this recipe? I'd love to hear what you think! Comment below or tag me on Instagram.Print
You don't need a spiralizer to make these lovely carrot ribbons with rosemary butter! This recipe is paleo, AIP, vegetarian, and Whole30 friendly.
- Thoroughly wash carrots. Lay one carrot flat on a counter or cutting board. Using a vegetable peeler, peel along the length of the carrot to create a ribbon. Repeat the process, rotating the carrot as necessary, until the carrot is too thin to peel. Repeat with the other carrots until you end up with about 2 heaping cups of carrot ribbons. (If you end up with extra ribbons...they make an excellent salad!)
- Fill a saucepan with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil. Place carrot ribbons in a steamer basket (or metal colander) and place in the saucepan. Cover and steam for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Since the ribbons are so thin, it doesn't take long to steam them! If they steam for too long, you'll end up with carrot mash. If you spiralize the carrots, the steam time will increase since the noodles are thicker.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add steamed carrots and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Keywords: Carrot ribbons, carrots, rosemary butter, gluten free, whole30, paleo, vegetarian