Tried and true, this simple honey-roasted carrots recipe makes an excellent side dish for dinner year round!
Use slim, young carrots or baby carrots for this recipe.
With just a few ingredients that you likely already have on hand, it's quick to whip up! This side dish recipe is also gluten free, paleo, low carb, and vegetarian.
Simple ingredients with a lot of flavor
These honey-roasted carrots are just as easy as you'd expect!
Here's what you need for incredible roasted carrots:
- young, slender carrots or baby carrots
- raw honey
- cooking fat (any works, but I really like ghee or olive oil)
- lemon juice
- fresh parsley
How to make honey-roasted carrots
You'll roast the carrots in a blend of raw honey, cooking fat, salt, and pepper. What kind of cooking fat? You can use butter, ghee, olive oil, or even coconut oil if you don't mind the light coconut flavor. For my part, I really enjoyed these with ghee!
Once the carrots come out of the oven, a spritz of acid from lemon juice adds a little brightness and enhances the flavor. Finally, top with a sprinkling of fresh chopped parsley and serve.
How you can customize this recipe
You can make so many variations of honey-roasted carrots! Obviously, with a short ingredients list, WHAT we can change is somewhat limited. Taking the honey out would create a totally different recipe.
That said, you can add in some additional flavors to change things up.
—For rosemary honey-roasted carrots, add ½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary to the honey mixture before tossing with the carrots.
—For a touch of heat, add ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper to the honey miture before tossing with the carrots.
—Lean into the sweetness by adding ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon to the honey mixture before tossing with the carrots.
What to serve honey-roasted carrots with
- One Skillet Roasted Chicken with Potatoes & Onions
- Perfect Crispy Skillet Chicken Thighs
- Stuffed Salmon (Two Ways)
- Easy Pulled Pork with Cumin & Coriander
Did you try this recipe? I'd love to hear what you think! Comment below or tag me on Instagram.Print
Simple Honey-Roasted Carrots
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Tried and true, this simple honey-roasted carrots recipe makes an excellent side dish for dinner year round! Add a dash of cinnamon for a twist on this side dish.
- 1 ½ lbs baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, butter, or ghee
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the carrots to the baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, sea salt, and black pepper. Pour the mixture over the carrots and toss to combine. Spread the carrots out into a single layer. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Drizzle on the lemon juice and toss to combine. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: honey-roasted carrots, carrots, baby carrots
Leave a Reply