Perfect for the hot and heavy days of summer, this dreamy Mocha Avocado Cream Pie recipe is no bake, low carb, and paleo!
The filling is thick, rich, and smooth—reminiscent of a french silk pie. A 3-ingredient salted almond crust rounds out the dense filling. All in all, this mocha avocado cream pie is simple and devilishly good.
This is one easy cream pie dessert that will easily become a new favorite for you!
Author’s Note: This post was originally published 7/21/2016 and has been updated on 5/22/20 with better photos and tips to make the post more useful.
Shortcut chocolate cream pie
Making the recipe couldn’t be easier. For the crust, just add the 3 ingredients to a food processor and process away until you have a sticky, mealy mixture. Not quite a nut butter, but not flour anymore either.
For the best flavor, I like to toast my almonds beforehand…but if you don’t want to turn on the oven, I don’t blame you. You can still make this with raw almonds. You’ll also notice that I use a hefty amount of salt for the crust. I’m a big fan of salty-sweet, and I think it works well. But if that’s not your thing, you can always reduce the amount of salt!
And then we have the filling. Let’s make this effortless. Throw everything in a blender (I use my Vitamix) and blend until smooth. See? Simple.
Coffee not your thing? Try my “Peanut Butter” Chocolate Avocado Pudding Pie instead!
The secret: avocado chocolate pudding!
If you’ve never had avocado pudding, the idea of using avocados as a base might freak you out. Trust me, it’s good. It’s really good. You’ll wonder why your life hasn’t been filled with avocado pudding as you desperately scrape the blender clean. Just make sure to save some filling for the pie!
You can make a very simple chocolate avocado pudding by just combining avocados, cocoa or cacao powder, and some type of sweetener.
Avocados are relatively neutral but blend into a creamy, thick pudding. Just adding the chocolate and sweetness makes it an easy treat!
A perfect no bake potluck treat
Bonus – this Mocha Avocado Cream Pie recipe is perfect for a crowd. Just double the recipe and make it in a 9×13 dish, cutting into squares to serve like bars.
I brought a nut-free, coffee-free version of this to a family potluck and returned home with an empty pan and many requests for the recipe. Everyone was amazed that the recipe used avocados—but that didn’t stop anyone from going back for seconds!
Put A New Spin On It:
- If coffee isn't your thing, just omit the cold brew from the recipe. You can add additional maple syrup or some coconut milk if it's too thick without the coffee.
- Toast the almonds before making the crust.
- Need a nut-free crust? Use unsweetened coconut flakes instead.
- Top the whole thing with a layer of coconut whipped cream. Leave a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight, scoop the cream off the top, whip with 1-2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup. Spread over the avocado pudding mixture so the top is entirely white.
- Don't want to bother with the crust? This is essentially an avocado pudding pie...Just make the filling and enjoy it as pudding!
More luscious no bake recipes to make this summer
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake “Peanut Butter” Bars
- Coffee Chocolate Custard (Dairy Free)
- Coconut Fudge Bars
Did you try this recipe? I'd love to hear what you think! Comment below or tag me on Instagram.Print
This luscious Mocha Avocado Cream Pie gets its magic from chocolate avocado pudding! This no bake recipe couldn’t be easier. Paleo, low carb, gluten free.
- (Optional but recommended - toast the almonds) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread almonds out on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Place all crust ingredients in a food processor and process until the almonds and dates form a meal. It should be somewhat moist, but not processed to the point of making a nut butter. Press crust into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Pit and peel avocados. Combine all filling ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Spoon the filling into the pie crust and smooth with a spatula. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with whipped coconut cream, berries, shaved high quality chocolate, whatever your heart desires...and serve!
Keywords: Mocha Avocado Cream Pie, avocado pudding, cream pie, gluten free, paleo, low carb