This quick and easy SunButter No Bake Cookies recipe and the accompanying post are sponsored by SunButter®! All opinions and experiences are my own.
Simple, chocolatey cookies you don't have to turn the oven on for — that's the promise you get with these SunButter No Bake Cookies!
They're similar to the classic no bake cookies I grew up with, but this version folds in SunButter for a fresh take on these gluten free, nut free, dairy free, and low carb treats. Five minutes of cook time and you can literally eat the batter with a spoon!
How to make no bake cookies
No bake cookies were a tradition in my home — anytime my mom wanted a quick fix for a chocolate craving, she's whip up a batch, hand my sister and me each a spoon, and we'd split the pot together.
They're perfect for cravings like that because you don't have to bake them — everything's done right on the stovetop! And better yet? You've only got to cook the syrup that holds these cookies together for 3 minutes.
Three minutes of cook time? That's shorter than most YouTube videos. Holla!
To make these SunButter no bake cookies, you'll combine everything but the oats/coconut and SunButter in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil for 3 minutes, then stir in the Sunbutter until smooth. Add the oats or coconut flakes, and either dive in or use a spoon to make little dollops of the mixture that will harden into cookies.
Simple as that!
Gluten free or paleo — you choose
Traditionally, we always made no bake cookies with oats. If that's your jam, you can totally go that route!
For a paleo version, though (without grains), I used unsweetened coconut flakes and it works beautifully.
I did make this recipe both ways, for the pictures and to make sure it all works as I remember. You can't go wrong either way!
Save on SunButter!
You just can't appreciate the full deliciousness of this recipe without some good sunflower seed butter on hand. You want the smoothest stuff possible, which is why you're going to want SunButter on hand.
After all, this is THE brand to choose for all your nut free, peanut butter alternative creations.
And since I'm working with SunButter, they've given me a special coupon to pass along to you.
More nut free SunButter recipes
- SunButter Pumpkin Butter
- Crispy SunButter Chicken
- SunButter Maca Smoothie
- Chicken Burgers with SunButter Satay Sauce
- Chocolate SunButter Mug Cakes
- Gluten Free SunButter Chocolate Chip Cookies
With just a few minutes of cook time, these no bake cookies are ready to eat before your cravings go haywire! You can use oats or coconut flakes for this recipe.
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup ghee or butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup No Sugar Added SunButter
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups coconut flakes OR 2 ½ cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Add coconut milk, ghee, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and cocoa to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, then remove from heat. Stir in SunButter, vanilla, and sea salt and stir until smooth. Immediately add coconut flakes or oatmeal, stirring until completely coated in the chocolate mixture.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and let cool for at least 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container or freeze.
Keywords: paleo, gluten free, SunButter, cookies, nut free