This blog post and Chocolate Coconut Macaroons recipe are sponsored by SunButter®! All opinions and experiences are my own.
Have you ever made macaroons at home? You've got to give them a try — these delicate coconut cookies are surprisingly easy to make!
This version is paleo, gluten free, low carb, nut free, and dairy free. Plus, I fold in Sunbutter to make a peanut-allergy-friendly chocolate "PB" creation.
How to make coconut macaroons
Trust me, these chocolate coconut macaroons are easy! They've only got 5 main ingredients to worry about.
The most important step of this recipe is whisking the egg whites. Warm up, because you're going to be putting some muscle into these!
Whisk until the egg whites are light, frothy, and fluffy. If you've ever whipped egg whites to soft peaks, this is the stage BEFORE that. We're not quite making a meringue here.
Truly, the hardest part is whipping the egg whites! Once you've got them fluffed up, add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth. Then, drop large spoonfuls onto a pachment paper-lined baking sheet, pop 'em in the oven for 12 minutes — and you're done!
Snag this exclusive coupon for SunButter!
Don't have any SunButter on hand? No worries — I've got your back. SunButter gave me a special coupon to pass along to you that you can use at most major retailers!
More SunButter recipes you have to try
- SunButter No Bake Cookies
- SunButter Pumpkin Butter
- Maca SunButter Smoothie
- No Bake SunButter Energy Balls
- Chocolate SunButter Mug Cakes
Did you make these macaroons? I want to know how they turned out! Let me know how you used it in the comments below, or tag me on Instagram!Print
SunButter Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 15 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Gluten Free
Crisped on the outside and chewy in the middle, these rich Chocolate Coconut Macaroons have a hint of nut butter flavor thanks to SunButter!
- 5 large egg whites
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup No Sugar Added Sunbutter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add egg whites and honey to a medium bowl. Whisk vigorously until the egg whites and sweetener are fully blended and egg whites have grown frothy and fluffy. Fold in the coconut, cocoa powder, SunButter, vanilla extract, and sea salt, mixing gently until smooth.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of batter onto the lined baking sheet, separating by about 1 inch. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool completely before eating. Macaroons will keep in a sealed container at room temperature for a day or two, or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: paleo, nut free, Sunbutter, gluten free, coconut macaroons, chocolate coconut macaroons
Leave a Reply